Saturday, June 30, 2007

DO YOU KNOW JESUS?

Hello my friend! Before I came to know Jesus, I thought that all the things that I did are acceptable to God as long I obeyed His commandments, prayed and go to church regularly, confess my sins even if I do not commit sins that were mortal in nature, then I was okay with God. But the bible tells us that not only by being a good person is the way to heaven. “For no one is put right in God’s sight by doing what the Law requires; what the Law does is to make us know that we have SINNED.” (Romans 3:20) I learned to realized that we are all sinners “everyone has sinned and is far away from God’s saving presence” (Romans 3:23) and the payment of sin is DEATH! It is a spiritual death that is eternal. In Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death..." Man has a big problem which is the problem of SIN. God is Holy and He cannot fellowship with somebody that has sinned. But God is so good. He Himself made a solution. He desires us all to be with Him again. He has a wonderful plan for all of us. In John 10:10, Jesus said… I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
Because of His great love to us, God gave His only Son Jesus Christ. In John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life" Christ died on the cross to redeem you and me from ALL our sins and He rose on the third day. He went up to heaven to prepare a place for us! Isn't that wonderful? He saved us meaning He took our place? And those who believed in Him will have eternal life and will be with Him forever!

As I read the bible, I came to know more about Jesus. I learned what God commanded us to do and His wonderful promises for all of us. Our life on earth is not all about us but its all about God. I realized that the future is not on earth. Our life here is only temporal and we need to prepare for the real future, and that is our eternal destiny. All these things on earth would be meaningless in our next life! Our homeland is heaven where there will be no more tears; there will be no more pains. According to the bible, our citizenship is in heaven! What is important is our relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ. I also learned that we have to spend the rest of our life obeying and serving God because we were created to do so. Christ will return and each one of us would come face to face with Him. He will judge the living and the dead. For sure, we will ALL stand before God and will be accountable for ALL we have done!

What struck me is we cannot just served God without accepting Jesus His only son in our HEARTS. Each one of us should have a personal relationship with His Son. The bible tells us that “I am the way, the truth, and the life: No one comes to the Father except by me” (John 14:6). I realized that there is no other mediator here on earth except Jesus alone that has authority on heaven and earth. We cannot come to God unless we REPENT and come to Jesus. We have to trust and believe Him in everything we do. “For it is by God’s grace that you have been saved through faith. It is not the result of your own efforts, but God’s GIFT, so that no one can boast about it.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)

Do you want to be with Jesus eternally? Do you want to have a meaningful life? Do you want to accept the GIFT of eternal life? If you have made a decision to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, talk to Him right now by praying this prayer and please, pray it in your heart:

"LORD JESUS, I NEED YOU. I CONFESS THAT I AM A SINNER. I BELIEVE THAT YOU DIED ON THE CROSS TO PAY FOR ALL MY SINS. WITH YOUR HELP, I WILL TURN AWAY FROM SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY LIFE AND BE MY SAVIOR AND MY MASTER. I ACCEPT YOUR GIFT OF ETERNAL LIFE. MAKE ME THE KIND OF NEW PERSON YOU WANT ME TO BE. THANK YOU FOR COMING INTO MY LIFE AND GIVING ME ETERNAL LIFE. AMEN."

If you prayed this prayer from your heart, Jesus came into your life. In Rev. 3:20, Jesus said: “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.” The door is the door of your heart. If you let Him in, you have begun a new life, a life that is eternal with Jesus. Praise Him and thank Him everyday, read the bible daily and meditate His words day and night and your life will never be the same! If you want to know more about Jesus please send me an email at rogerdelazo@yahoo.com. MAY GOD BLESS YOU!



For many are called," Jesus said, "but few are chosen." Many are invited, but only those who choose to accept the invitation (and all conditions attached to it) are chosen.

No comments: